Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New wave of censorship in China

I haven't made any new posts in the last few weeks. I could make up some good excuses for stopping blogging but the truth is I was probably just lazy.

So why did I decide to give my blog a second try? Well one reason is that there is always something to write about. Writing down your thoughts and sharing your experiences makes your head feel lighter.

But the main reason for reactivating my blog is that I want to celebrate the fact that I am free to actually have an uncensored blog. It might not be the most interesting thing to read but to me it is important that I free to express myself through my blog and other people are free to read it.

Many people on this planet are not so fortunate. In preparation of the 20th anniversary of nothing happening at the Tiananmen Square the chinese government decided to block the access to Twitter, Flick, bing.com, YouTube and many more.

The communist regime is obviously afraid of revolution 2.0.

No comments: